About a month ago, sis and I flew to Shanghai for a business trip. We attended the 3 days Paperworld Exhibition. Our flight was in the wee hours and it took roughly 5 hours to touch down at the other side.
Magnificent view from our room
-this is The Heng Shan Moller Villa Hotel > price per night starts from CNY800
It was winter time while we were in Shanghai. Temperature was between 14°C-20°C. And it got down to only 9°C on the last day of exhibition. We had to battle the cold even when we’re inside the exhibition center.
It was gloomy everyday and it drizzled thoroughly. The roads were pretty congested and a lot of renovations were being done throughout the city for the upcoming Shanghai World Expo 2010 with the theme, “Better City, Better Life”.
But when it doesn’t pour, when the sky is clear.. NIGHT meets LIGHTS! It’s a city of LIGHTS~
Jing’an Temple; 静安寺
When there’s business, there’s bound to be pleasures… so let’s start with business… everyday for 3 days we went through a regime.
1. Wake up at 6.30am.
2. Go down for buffet breakfast.
3. Take bag, coat, jacket, gloves, boots, neck scarf and hat.
4. Walk over to pedestrian bridge to cross the big + road.
5. Walk for another 15mins to the train station.
6. Take train from West Nanjing Rd. 南京西路 (nán jīng xī lù) to Longyang Rd. 龙阳路 (lóng yáng lù). (20mins)
7. Take shuttle bus to the Shanghai New International Expo Center. (10-15mins)
8. AND we are there (9am) safely minus entering the center without pushing hard work. LOL!
9. WORK – EAT – PEE till 5pm
10. Go through number 7., 6., 5., and 4., but in the opposite direction, then we’re back at City Hotel.
Elaine is on the bridge we crossed everyday.. everyday we see greens.. perfect to start the day’s journey
Before assembling Writebest products.. it was hectic.. we 2 girls were putting on a show.. the MEN gladly watched us while we got to work!
Our not-so-friendly neighbors…
Now.. let’s meet pleasures! FOODZ
Walls ice-cream.. wahaha
Dinner with fellow exhibitors by the host at Radisson’s revolving restaurant, ‘Epicure on 45‘.. yup on the 45th floor of the hotel.
We dined in a UIGHUR Restaurant..
We had signature bread (CNY18) for lunch! And the bag comes with a raincoat because it was drizzling!
We dined at a Hot Pot Restaurant.. really hot and spicy! PHEW~
We also slurped on ramen at ‘Ajisen Ramen’
On the last day after the exhibition, we decided to take some time off and have fun… we went to Pinnacle Peak in our hotel and got our free cocktails. This is the 2nd cocktail I’ve taken in 24 years.. LOL!
Bull Riding? I’m afraid NOT! I’m afraid my Implanon might come off!
We savored on the Vertical Pork Bone.. we sucked it all up with a straw.. SERIOUSLY!
We went for ‘Tea Tasting’..
On the day we were leaving, the sun was shining and the sky was blue…
And we ‘tapau’ our favorite UIGHUR, lamb on stick for our journey to Shanghai Pudong International Airport for our flight HOME..