It’s another Saturday and on Saturdays, we have breakfast at OLD TOWN Kopitiam. Joe will order his usual…
while Jake and I switch back and forth occasionally between these 2 dishes:
But, he had a changed of heart later on before we said goodbye.
- People stood in line at 1AM to purchase “Thriller” when it came out,even though the store didn’t open until 9 AM.
- Michael has 30 CD releases over the course of his lifetime, including his time with the Jackson 5.
- He used to date Brooke Shields back in the days when she was a supermodel.
- The rock guitar solo for Jackson’s hit song “Beat It”, was provided by Eddie Van Halen.
- Michael’s “Billie Jean” was the first video by a black artist to air on MTV.
- Michael was an occasional video game contributor including the excellent ‘Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker’ which was developed by Sega.
- Michael wears his trademark black armband to remind fans of the suffering of children around the world.
- Michael was a vegetarian.
- 43 artists were involved in putting together the charity song “We Are The World” which Jackson co-wrote together with Lionel Ritchie.
- Macauley Culkin is godfather to Jackson’s 2 eldest children, Paris and Prince Michael. He also helped Jackson designed his Neverland Ranch.
- Michael provided a voiceover on The Simpsons – but it remained a secret for 12 years. He voiced a character in a mental institution in the Stark Raving Dad episode, which aired in 1991.
- “BEN” was one of Michael’s favourite song, and it was his first #1 hit as a solo artist.
Below is a video of a young soulful Michael rendering “BEN”.. enjoy!
- Fawcett was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006.
- Fawcett starred in ‘The Six Million Dollar Man’ and later married lead actor, ‘Lee Majors’ but separated 4 years later.
- Fawcett documented her last days with the help of a friend.
- In early June, Ryan O’Neal of Bones, 68 (Fawcett’s partner since 1982) asked Fawcett to marry him which she accepted but due to Fawcett’s poor health, the two never walk the aisle.
- She claimed to fame with her fabulous all-time bestselling swimsuit poster.
- Ed McMahon served in WWII as a fighter pilot for the US Marine Corps (6 Air Medals) which later discharged and sent to Korea and remained as a Reserve, retiring at 1966 with the rank of Colonel.
- Ed McMahon was more famous as a sidekick for Jonny Carson’s “The Tonight Show”.
- Ed McMahon appeared as himself in Bewitched, Baywatch, The Simpsons, Scrubs, Las Vegas, The Family Guy, Higglytown Heroes, etc.
- In 2008, Ed McMahon had financial issues (sued by Citibank, attorney lawsuit, mortgage loans) which resulted in the closure of his multimillion-dollar home.
- Real estate mogul, Donald Trump purchased Ed McMahon’s home and lease it back to McMahon, so the home would not be foreclosed.
- Ed McMahon died at the same hospital as Michael Jackson which is the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in LA, California.
Sad news is… it’s sad to announce that Little Mario (Javier’s terrapin) has passed away peacefully on 19th June 2009. I found it floating around in the aquarium like it was sunbathing. We don’t know what happened but I believe it’s sick or something because it didn’t want to eat for the past week. And it was always hiding away and enclosing itself inside its very own shell. But anyway, Hub came home and buried it in the garden.
“RIP Little Mario”
It doesn’t look dead right?
Tuesday the 16th
About once a month, mom brings either her car, dad’s car or Ed’s car for a car wash at Cars International while we do some shopping in Jaya Jusco, Balakong. Well, it’s a car wash plus nano mist (RM28.80). In case you don’t know what it does, it actually smokes out the car inside out of all the nasty stuff like germs, bacteria, cockroaches, etc.
You might say it doesn’t really work but then we tried before on Hub’s car and magically, we don’t really see much roaches anymore. Car wash plus the nano mist takes normally an hour and half but then somehow this time it took longer, so I managed to snap some pics out of boredom. And mind you, be prepare to sniff some odd odour when you enter your car after the spray. Pity us, we were late to pick the kids up so we hastily went into the car and mom got half suffocated. LOL!
Those are my fingernails.. yup been waiting too
It’s smoking now!
Friday the 19th…
….muffins making day. Each time a tray goes in, only 26 muffins managed to fit in. Mind you, mom’s oven is the home oven not those commercial kind. I roughly guessed it would take at least 4 hours and it really did took 4 hours and maybe another hour to really get all of them packed. By the time we finished, it was almost 7.30pm which was dinner time. Dad who adores to annoy us during muffin making time was doing his rounds thus explaining that he shouldn’t offer any help because he insist that he’ll make more of a mess. OK… typical DAD.
So.. we made 2 flavours again. Chocolate and Blueberry – 100 each. Making and baking muffins are quite fun actually except for the part where most of the time I get face steaming sessions every time I open the oven. It just goes, “SWOOSH!”
Saturday the 20th
Writebest Dinner 2009 was held at its premises. It was really last minute planning so there weren’t much activities. And since it was also the eve of Father’s Day, not many people turned up. But, fret not.. it was simple and better than the usual hustle bustle previous dinners. Shhhh… dun tell boss ya!
Kids hang around in Hub’s cubicle while waiting for arrivals
Whenever wherever WB have a party, there’s always the karaoke station where FIL will always nominate himself for the first song which is usually a song by Sam Hui. He’s good at it; that I have to admit. Then the Indonesian workers will render their very own song followed by Vietnamese workers doing their version which we don’t quite understand because it was mostly shouting and screaming. Hmm..
FIL rendering the crowd
(so serious.. so into the character)
Mr Tee had his own style… he’s the calm one
Kids were behaving… thank goodnez
Billy, Nancy and Cecilia being kawaii
Ah…. minus kawaii male looks better.. sweet!
U-Jin showing his feminine side..
We are SILS’… I married her brother.. LOLz
They are SILS too.. she married her husband’s brother while she married her husband’s brother! LOLz… does it mind boggle you?
Mr Lim, Kevin and Mr Ee
FIL and his pet-grandson
Mei-Mei, Nancy and Ti-Ti
Nancy toddler-sit Javier for me while I went for snapping rounds
Lidya and Onal
Michael and Dika
(single and available – *wink-wink*)
Novita and Bek
Mr Tee and family
Alice and Adrian
Ah Ming and family
Now you see him with shirt…..and…
…now you don’t. Looks like he’s on his way to spank someone lucky.
All the YONGZ’ except for red face one – drunk liao..
from top left : Demsi Jake Yong, @@, Cecilia Yong, Billy Yong;
Judith Ann Yong, Joe Anselm Yong
Introducing the ‘Art of Using An Adult as Standing-Pole’
Round and round and round
She got pulled 360′
Until she uttered, ‘talk to the hand’
Ooooo Cc and Billy performed a dance routine. Yay to everyone’s surprise!
(do note that Cc isn’t wearing any footwear)
Cc co-named her dance as, “The Slippery Dance”.
When they’re dancing….
and when they’re not dancing….
….they’re best buds and most important of all they’re in a special relationship.. hehe so special that nothing breaks them apart except ME!!! Wahaha!
Nancy and Adrian was pulled out of their comfort zone too.
It’s not easy dancing on slippery floor with flats you know?
Introducing Baby Jaymee
Baby Jaymee and Papa SK
Baby Jaymee and Mummy Jennifer
After some food, karaoke and dancing, lastly fireworks were let out. Hehe! You don’t get to see fireworks until August but for some, this was their lucky day. Fireworks at plain sight! Right up above our heads. Yippie!
Father’s Day!!! I have 2 old men. One is my daddy and one is my FIL. My Daddy one can postpone no problem.. hehe! Anyway we already got him a brand new mobile since his is in comatose form. I also made him a polo tee card which was a beige and maroon striped tee that he has one human size!
I made one for FIL too but his is a shirt with a ‘Lion King’ tie which is one of his favourite cartoons. I also bought some grooming utensils like facial scissors, nail clippers, comb, tweezers, etc to replace his current ones.
Since I don’t earn money, therefore I cannot afford to spend. So I normally DIY stuff from the heart when I have plenty of unspent time. Maybe you can get me a job. Something stay at home will do. LOLz.
Anyway, Hub and Cc decided to spend their Daddy on Father’s Day. I booked Alexis Bistro in The Gardens. We haven’t dined there before so this was our first encounter. We quite like the place though the service wasn’t that good. Hmm the servers were a little stuck-up but it’s ok we can play that role very well. Touché’. You do me; I do you!