- Joe Anselm Yong Zhen was born on the 8th of November 2001 at Gleneagles Ampang Hospital
- Joe’s delivery weight was only 2.28kg.. he was born 3 weeks prematurely… tiny like a shoe box
- Joe was diagnosed with GASTROSCHISIS when he was in my womb when I was 5 months pregnant…
- Joe had a test called AMNIOCENTESIS which cost RM1500… and it was risky.. 1 in 1600 pregnant women get miscarriages doing this test..
- Joe had 2 major operations on him.. first one was immediately after he was born.. and the second operation was done a week later. He stayed at the hospital for more than a month..which he spent 3 and a half weeks in NICU.
- Joe celebrated his full moon in the hospital with the nurses around him.
- Joe had tough feedings.. he would vomit out his milk after feedings and had hard time going back to sleep during the night.
- Joe started walking upright on Christmas Day, on the 25th of December 2002.
- Back then.. grandpa was known as Pam-Pa and grandma was known as Pam-Ma..
- Now his interests are gAmEs and CaRtOoNs… lol
*Gastroschisis -is a type of abdominal wall defect in which the intestines and sometimes other organs develop outside the fetal abdomen through an opening in the abdominal wall. This defect is the result of obstruction of the omphalomesenteric vessels during development. It is often detected through AFP screening or a detailed fetal ultrasound. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastroschisis
*Amniocentesis -(also referred to as amniotic fluid test or AFT), is a medical procedure used in prenatal diagnosis of genetic abnormalities and fetal infections, in which a small amount of amniotic fluid, which contains fetal tissues, is extracted from the amnion or amniotic sac surrounding a developing fetus, and the fetal DNA is examined for genetic abnormalities. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amniocentesis
*NICU @ Neonatal Intensive Care Unit